Bluetree Group is a sector leading organisation in both the fields of printing and medical device manufacture, using innovative tech-based solutions; a passionate, flexible, and skilled team; and the vision of UK based manufacture to drive change and deliver the best possible products and services to its customers.
As the world grapples with the Climate Crisis, Bluetree wants to apply the same methods to managing its impact on the world and seeks a like-minded individual to join the team and lead its Sustainability programme by recruiting for a Sustainability Manager.
We have already set ourselves the ambitious target of being a Net Zero organisation by 2030 to support the UKs, and our customers, carbon emission targets. To this end we have recently completed an ISO 14604-1 Certified Carbon Footprint looking at the emissions we directly control and have bought Gold Standard offsets to mitigate our impact. The next step and the piece the right candidate will be able to lead on is understanding the impact of our entire value-chain, so we can build a true Net Zero picture for the business and eliminate carbon from the full life cycle of our products.
We are looking for somebody to:
- Engage with all our suppliers and external stakeholders to understand their impact and leading them on a journey to become net zero
- Understand and lead on carbon improvements
- Promote engagement on other key topics related to ethical and sustainable procurement including labour standards, modern slavery, biodiversity, product quality and supply chain resilience
To be successful in this role you will need:
- The ability to effectively work with, influence and engage a diverse range of people will be critical to the success of this programme, and you will need the skills and drive to achieve this engagement regardless of potential indifference or pushback. This will involve effective communication across email, telephone, video conferencing and in person visits. So willingness to travel is a must.
- To build and implement a system for the effective and efficient management of our external stakeholders, allowing us to gather information, evaluate the right partners to work with, measure & monitor performance across a range of criteria, and influence performance through the setting of improvement objectives that deliver genuine change. As a result, relevant experience in implementing and running a system or programme will be needed.
- To be flexible and able to effectively manage their time and multiple projects, as they will be working with the Compliance team and taking a leadership role in the effective operation of our ISO 14001 Environmental Management systems across our sites. This will involve working with our passionate team to maintain our high internal standards for all elements of a successful EMS to maintain our Certification.
- To understand the various elements of running a truly sustainable business will be a must, and this will need to be demonstrated through previous experience and leadership in the field. Either through on the job experience in a relevant role and/or relevant education or membership of a sustainability or energy management professional body.
Benefits and Package
- Salary £38,000 Depending upon experience
- Due to the nature of this role it is expected to be a Hybrid role with 2-3 days a week based in the office. It will also combine some travel across the UK and potentially Internationally as well
- Weekly pay, paid a week in hand
- Wide range of internal and external training available
- Enrolment into the company pension scheme and benefits programme which increases with length of service.
- Free on-site parking
Bluetree Group operates through three Brands; Bluetree Maskbox, Instantprint and Route 1 Print. We retail our products to all sectors of the from small businesses to the largest High Street names.
Our combined office, production and training facilities are located in Wath Upon Deane which is located close to Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster. Our state-of-the-art 165,000 square foot facility is just a 15-minute drive from either the M1 or A1M and boasts ample free on-site parking. We’re also located on a major bus route which is just a few minutes away from the train stations of Mexborough, Swinton and Wombwell.
Once you walk through our doors, you realise that people are central to all of our operations. It’s a place for curious and ambitious people at heart.