Bluetree Group is on the rise! Thanks to exceptional growth across all areas of the business, we’re looking for talented individuals to join us in reshaping the future of print and medical manufacturing.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Sales and Marketing to lead our Route 1 Print brand as we embark on an exciting period of growth. The role will be Working as a member of the board and reporting directly to the Managing Director, your goal is to drive performance, lead an exciting team and to define the strategy to grow and develop the brand alongside working with our head of Customer Experience and Brand Manager to deliver the strategic vision for the brand. Due to the nature of this role we are looking for somebody who is able to work from the office in Rotherham for at least 3 days a week.
The measures of success are:
- Department Revenue
- Department Net Profit
- YoY Growth – Revenue & Profit
- Day to day would involve
- Managing the CX & Brand departments to ensure we meet our commercial forecasts.
- Acting quickly to keep the brand performing
- Presenting to the board and taking ownership of brand performance
The operational tasks are:
P&L responsibility for sales channel
- Forecasting & Budgeting commercial performance
- Delivering revenue and profit in accordance to forecast
- Reporting on performance to the board
- Ownership of accounts at brand level
Ownership of margin & costs
- As head of Route 1 Print you will be responsible for the margin delivered through sales and the costs incurred by the brand. This includes
- Ultimate responsibility for margin made on sales.
- Ultimate responsibility for all costs incurred on Route 1 Print including marketing spend, wages and office costs.
Definition and delivery of brand strategy
- You will be responsible for the long-term strategy for Route 1 Print. Both in defining the strategy and ensuring it is delivered.
- Ownership of brand reputation and position in the market.
- Increasing market share as part of our growth strategy.
- Development of the brands USPs and proposition.
- Ownership of long term and quarterly strategy.
The people manager tasks are:
- The Brand Manager and Head of CX both report to this role. Your job will be to lead these two areas
- The Head of CX oversees the Account management and studio teams. These are customer facing and responsible for all customer contact and brand reputation.
- The Brand manager oversees our marketing and development teams. They contribute to the development of the brand, the marketing messaging and the product and pricing strategy.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree level business and management qualifications
- Applied experience of leading a fast-moving team and driving high standards of performance.
- Experience developed in both private manufacturing companies and e-commerce companies
- Experience of working at a senior level in a rapidly growing business
- Track record of successfully managing senior teams, including colleagues working in customer experience, e-commerce and sales and marketing
- Working knowledge of developing a brand in line with customer expectations, allowing you to drive high performance and support the management team with quality advice, service, and recommendations.
- Track record of managing high performing management teams
- Experience of supporting managers to recruit, retain, motivate, and develop their teams
- Excellent IT, Communication and Presentation skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders at every level
- A strong desire to challenge, ensuring we always drive to get the most out of all brand activity
Salary is negotiable based on experience but will be in line with the seniority of the role
09:00 – 17:30: with flexible working hours (10:00 – 16:00 core hours)
Hybrid approach to WFH and office based – It is anticipated that this role will require a minimum of 3 days a week in the office with flexibility to do more
- 20 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and the opportunity to earn up to 7 additional days, the longer you work here
- Health cash plan
- Critical illness cover
- Long Service gifts
- Enhanced maternity/paternity package
- Quarterly team social event
- Discount/voucher schemes
- Wellbeing support, including access to mental health support lines and personal skills workshops such as managing your money
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free fruit, snacks, and beverages in the Bluetree canteen
- Regular social events and team-building activities, such as our annual sports day
Bluetree Group is the UK’s largest online printer and in 2020, became the UK’s first manufacturer of Type IIR Surgical masks. They have since continued growing their product range through the development of innovative Transparent masks and other PPE.
Bluetree exists to manufacture and sell high volume, premium products through investing in the latest technology and its highly skilled team. The manufacturer consists of two divisions, Bluetree Print and Bluetree Medical, which are both supported by a Central team.
In 2021, Bluetree Group acquired Doncaster- based luxury printer, Kingsbury Press, branching out into the publishing industry and has aims of expanding into packaging solutions in the future
Our combined office, production and training facilities are located in Wath Upon Deane which is located close to Sheffield, Rotherham, Barnsley and Doncaster. Our state-of-the-art 165,000 square foot facility is just a 15-minute drive from either the M1 or A1M and boasts ample free on-site parking. We’re also located on a major bus route which is just a few minutes away from the train stations of Mexborough, Swinton and Wombwell.
Once you walk through our doors, you realise that people are central to all of our operations. It’s a place for curious and ambitious people at heart.
Who are Bluetree Group?
- We’re award winning – a Virgin Sunday Times Fast Track 100 Company!
- We’re key – each week we produce and supply millions of medical grade face masks to the NHS
- We have fun – our colleagues rate their experience with us as 4.1 out of 5 on Glassdoor
- We care about your development – from day one we offer a catalogue of training modules which cover everything from Leadership to Wellbeing
- We’re always investing in technology – to keep ahead of the game we’ve invested millions in our facility over the past few 10 years