Kingsbury Press are a luxury print company based in the heart of Doncaster at the iPort with great transport links by Car and Public Transport. We are looking for a Studio Artworker to work within our rapidly expanding innovative print operation working with some of the biggest companies in the world such as Ferrari, Givenchy and Range Rover while we go through an extraordinary period of growth.
With a starting salary for this role of £11.50 Per hour Depending upon Experience Woking 40 hours per week Mon-Fri 9-5:30 on a full-time permanent basis plus overtime available
Responsibilities / Requirements:
· Must be familiar with Adobe Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Quark, PDF toolbox or similar and have had previous experience with CPT and imposition software (preferably Prinect).
· You will pre-flight check incoming artwork and work with the customer to ensure the files are print-ready.
· Create impositions.
· Update MIS system with status reports on proofing, amends, etc
· Able to prioritise for scheduling of work
· Meeting time deadlines whilst maintaining high quality standards
· Problem solving and learning new methods of working
· Contributing to meetings at pre design and pre-production stages
· Communicating with design, brand and technical teams
· Managing the collaborative sign off process
· Understanding the limitations of different print processes
· Showing excellent attention to detail
· Update proofing status on MIS
· Liaise with clients via email and telephone about artwork, amends, proofing, etc
· Create impositions and input artwork files
· Digitally print and create mock-ups to ensure imposition is correct for job
· Output plates and sort into press production order
· Cut Epson proofs and package for distribution
· Cleaning the plate setter wash / gum unit
· Other tasks or duties as and when required
The abilities that are required are to:
• Respond to tasks/projects from the repro manager effectively and within the agreed time scales, including hitting individual and team KPI targets.
• Maintain a professional and friendly manner with internal and external clients.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Good time management and prioritisation skills.
• Develop positive relationships with other departmental Managers
• Develop positive relationship with colleagues and willingness to maintain these relationships.
• Readily take part in Training Sessions to enhance their own personal development.
• Work readily with artwork and proofs
· Weekly Pay
· Full Time Permanent Contract
If this role sound likes you and you have a passion for getting things right then we want to hear from you. Please submit your application and we will be in touch.